El Smash ThymeCopy
Spices and herbs add a range of complex flavors.
- 1.5 oz Jose Cuervo Tradicional Añejo*
- 0.75 oz Thyme syrup
- 0.5 oz Lemon juice
- 2 slices Lemon
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 dashes Aaromatic bitters
- Thyme syrup: Simmer sugar, water and 4 of the thyme sprigs together for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Muddle lemon slices and 2 sprigs of thyme in a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila, thyme syrup, lemon juice and bitters.
- Shake with ice and strain into a highball glass with fresh ice.
- Light the remaining thyme sprig briefly with a match, extinguish flame, and add as a garnish.
This recipe is made with
Cuervo® Tradicional® Añejo100% blue agave tequila aged at least 3 years in American Oak & Irish single malt whiskey barrels.