A Manhattan elevated by decadent black truffles.
- 2.5 oz Great Jones™ Four Grain Bourbon
- 0.75 oz Dry Vermouth
- 0.75 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 0.5 oz Black Truffle Syrup*
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine 1 liter distilled water and 4 cups white, organic, unbleached sugar.
- Boil for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by a ¼ (leaving approximately 1 liter of syrup).
- Lower the fire to achieve a slow, soft simmer.
- Gently shave the 2 medium-sized truffles (120 g) using a very thin setting on a mandolin.
- Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes then remove from fire.
- Transfer to a non-reactive lidded container and allow to cool, then refrigerate for a minimum of 5 days.
- Strain the truffle shavings using a fine strainer and reserve for later use.
- Keep truffle syrup refrigerated. It will keep best in a glass container.
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a mixing glass.
- Stir until well chilled.
- Serve up in a chilled cocktail coupe.
- Garnish with a black truffle sliver.